Diagon Alley - South Side - Indexed

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

Fruiitcup
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00

Diagon Alley - South Side - Indexed

Postby Fruiitcup » August 30th, 2011, 5:36 am

On the south side of Diagon Alley, where Ollivanders is, there are a number of locked shops. The only one I recognize is The Daily Prophet, but the others are completely new to me. (Plus there's also Knockturn Alley, but that's inaccessible for now)

What do you think the other ones might have stocked in them? I'm guessing more spell books in some, but I'm particularly interested in that junk shop. ;D
Are you in Slytherin on Pottermore? Post here so you can access the secret House forum!
Don't hesitate to PM me if you need help with anything!

VicktoireWeasley
First Year Student
First Year Student

Re: Diagon Alley - South Side

Postby VicktoireWeasley » September 13th, 2011, 1:51 pm

The real question is HOW TO UNLOCK those stores

Niffz
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 2.50
Pottermore Username: DragonNiffler144

Postby Niffz » September 13th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I think they will unlock as the story unfolds, like when Harry follows Draco into Knockturn Alley... and one of them may be where you can buy the e books? May
ImageImageImage

StormYew111
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Pottermore Username: StormYew111

Postby StormYew111 » September 13th, 2011, 5:01 pm

the stores will not open until later books.

Ekko
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee

Postby Ekko » September 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm

DragonNiffler144 wrote:... and one of them may be where you can buy the e books?

I'm pretty sure that the lock on the top of the page is for the ebooks. But maybe it will have it's own little shop?
Also, I was wondering, when I first saw the shop page before I got the shopping list, all the stores in the first set didn't have locks on them. Did that happen with anybody else?
I could of probably tried to go into them, but I thought they would be unlocked when I got the list. Which they weren't except for the shops I needed to get items from.

Fruiitcup
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Fruiitcup » September 13th, 2011, 7:04 pm

PotionGhost wrote:I'm pretty sure that the lock on the top of the page is for the ebooks. But maybe it will have it's own little shop?
Also, I was wondering, when I first saw the shop page before I got the shopping list, all the stores in the first set didn't have locks on them. Did that happen with anybody else?
I could of probably tried to go into them, but I thought they would be unlocked when I got the list. Which they weren't except for the shops I needed to get items from.

That's what I thought too, since it was announced that they would be available in October, when the site officially launches. Still, we can always hope it's like, Hogsmeade or Quidditch or something equally unlikely. D:

I can't really remember...but I think they were locked for me. Maybe cause you got in a lot earlier, they hadn't fixed that yet? ._.
Are you in Slytherin on Pottermore? Post here so you can access the secret House forum!

Ekko
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee

Postby Ekko » September 13th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Fruiitcup wrote:
That's what I thought too, since it was announced that they would be available in October, when the site officially launches. Still, we can always hope it's like, Hogsmeade or Quidditch or something equally unlikely. D:

I can't really remember...but I think they were locked for me. Maybe cause you got in a lot earlier, they hadn't fixed that yet? ._.

I wonder if they will add Quidditch. I mean, how can anyone possibly play Quidditch if they don't want the site to be an MMORPG? If it's anything like how we cast spells, then that would be dumb.
Are you going to purchase the ebooks?

Yeah, I thought so too. I hate myself for not going into them when I had the chance. :cry:

Fruiitcup
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Fruiitcup » September 14th, 2011, 2:17 am

PotionGhost wrote:I wonder if they will add Quidditch. I mean, how can anyone possibly play Quidditch if they don't want the site to be an MMORPG? If it's anything like how we cast spells, then that would be dumb.

That's what a lot of people are saying. ;_; Which is why it's just a distant dream. xD

PotionGhost wrote:Are you going to purchase the ebooks?

Mmmm...I don't think so. I have my hard copies, and I'm happy with that. :3 How about you?

Ekko
M.o.M. Employee
M.o.M. Employee

Postby Ekko » September 14th, 2011, 2:25 am

Fruiitcup wrote:Mmmm...I don't think so. I have my hard copies, and I'm happy with that. :3 How about you?

Nope, 'cause for one I don't have an eReader, and also I actually hate eBooks/eReaders.
I enjoy having the book in my hand, and being able to feel the pages.
Where's the enjoyment of tapping a screen?

Fruiitcup
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Fruiitcup » September 14th, 2011, 4:12 am

PotionGhost wrote:I enjoy having the book in my hand, and being able to feel the pages.
Where's the enjoyment of tapping a screen?

Exactly! This is why I buy books (I actually have something akin to a small library at home), instead of just getting the ebooks. I like tangibility much more than screen tapping. :D

Return to “Pottermore Archive”