Pottermore additional content, games - Indexed

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

Scarlet
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ScarletLight7499

Re: Pottermore additional content, games

Postby Scarlet » April 26th, 2012, 9:34 am

I would like to see mini-games like repotting a mandrake, transfiguring a match box, things that Harry did in the books.

WolfBronze
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Pottermore Username: WolfBronze27247

Postby WolfBronze » April 26th, 2012, 11:09 am

A quiz for our animagus too!!!

Lyriel
Fifth Year Student
Fifth Year Student
Pottermore Username: AshLumos11714

Postby Lyriel » April 26th, 2012, 5:25 pm

It would be awesome if the book "Hogwarts: a History" actually existed =)
My wand ~ Ash and Unicorn, 11&1/2 in., quite bendy~
~Approval on the subjects: Astronomy 1 [113 pts]

Will you help me raise my dragon? Click -> Removed for breaking sig guidelines -Rhynn Thank you ♥

xAppleChaix
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 1.50
Pottermore Username: ShadowRose7093

Postby xAppleChaix » April 28th, 2012, 2:21 am

Lyriel Tinúviel wrote:It would be awesome if the book "Hogwarts: a History" actually existed =)

I wish JK Rowling would write one. She did the Quidditch and Fantastic Beasts, why not a Hogwarts: a History? Although I think she's trying to move away from the HP stuff.

I'm hoping we get to do things from classes other than just potions and DADA. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy potions, but I think the other classes would be neat too. You could do something like the wand movements, I dunno. Mostly, I want to know what my Patronus would be! I did the WB test the one time, but its just randomly generated, I would like a quiz like with the wands and get a more personal answer.

Aspy
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Pottermore Username: RiverAsphodel72

Postby Aspy » April 28th, 2012, 2:24 am

xAppleChaix wrote:Although I think she's trying to move away from the HP stuff.

I think that's very true. Even her website's remodeled. As sad as I am to see this happen, who can blame her? I'm sure she'd not want all the attention on Harry Potter and for people to ignore the effort she's put into writing her new book. And just like most parents, you can't ask them to say who they love better. They love them equally. Just as probably Jo does.

ErisedQuill
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 29.00

Postby ErisedQuill » May 2nd, 2012, 7:55 pm

Lunamione7 wrote:Patronus test for sure! That would be so much fun, I would want a centaur or a dragon, something really big and powerful to scare the raggs right off those nasty dementors :-D
Wizard chess that we could play with our friends or even just with other houses would be great.

For GOF I would like it if they chose the friend we interact with the most (at the moment that would be who we practice duel/gift items with the most) and put them under the lake for us to rescue. They could make the person a shadowy vague figure in the art work to be appropriate for both girls and boys.

I would like to pot a mandrake in COS!

I want loads more of those sorting/wand type quizzes, maybe one to choose which position we would be good at in Quiddich :)

Maybe we could help Hermione make pollyjuice potion by finding all the stuff and brewing it. Or help Snape brew Lupins potion that helps him with being a werewolf.

I want to stab Riddle's diary with the basalisk fang! That would be really satisfying :lol:

I think the maze would make a greally good game as well, we would have to choose which way to go to find the cup.

Yeah, it would be cool for all this stuff to be added! I'm excited to see what they'll do with the Triwizard Tournament, and I'm also excited to see if Rowling does something with O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts. The seventh book is going to be the most exciting though, and probably have the most stuff, because it's the longest book.

Scarlet
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Pottermore Username: ScarletLight7499

Postby Scarlet » May 3rd, 2012, 9:24 am

I'm pretty sure OOTP is the longest book, but Deathly Hallows is the longest movie if you add parts 1 and 2. DH was actually quite a thin book for Rowling's standards, about the same thickness as POA.

SilverStrike30842
First Year Student
First Year Student
Pottermore Username: SilverStrike30842

Postby SilverStrike30842 » May 4th, 2012, 4:23 am

DH is actually not THAT interesting for me in relation to Pottermore, because there aren't many new locations or new stuff in general which gets introduced in the book. PoA is interesting, because it has Hogsmeade, the Patronus Charm, the Knight Bus, the Maurauders Map, the new electives aso. Book four has the triwizard tasks. Book five has the ministry and St. Mungos, the DA, the department of mysteries. After that, there isn't really that much left to discover.

DawnPumpkin33
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 14,759.00
Pottermore Username: DawnPumpkin33

Postby DawnPumpkin33 » May 4th, 2012, 10:23 am

Scarlet wrote:I would like to see mini-games like repotting a mandrake, transfiguring a match box, things that Harry did in the books.

Totally agree. Without additional mini-games, Pottermore won't have much to live off of after the books are all finished being released. I honestly hadn't even thought of the possibility of the mandrakes or the like, good ideas!

SilverStrike30842 wrote:DH is actually not THAT interesting for me in relation to Pottermore, because there aren't many new locations or new stuff in general which gets introduced in the book. PoA is interesting, because it has Hogsmeade, the Patronus Charm, the Knight Bus, the Maurauders Map, the new electives aso. Book four has the triwizard tasks. Book five has the ministry and St. Mungos, the DA, the department of mysteries. After that, there isn't really that much left to discover.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D Hogsmeade is for sure a biggy that people are waiting on! Patronus tests and TWT are close behind that.
I think 6&7 will need some imaginative ways to make interactive on PM. I don't see them adding a Battle of Hogwarts mini-game or anything. And a Horcrux scavenger hunt is a one and done type "game", wouldn't be too appealing.

AlexiaBlack
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Pottermore Username: UnicornBronze18848

Postby AlexiaBlack » May 4th, 2012, 4:14 pm

i'm courious also about Azkaban and Dementors!

Return to “Pottermore Archive”