Highest Possible Dueling Scores

All Pottermore-related archived topics can be found in here!

Moderator: Professors

Wrackspurt
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: OwlStone19970

Re: Highest Possible Dueling Scores

Postby Wrackspurt » August 25th, 2013, 8:27 pm

So now that the update has occurred, it seems much more difficult to get a decent score. Have the top scores changed at all? Is Full-Body Bind still the best option?
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage

Ashdust
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 4,018.70
Pottermore Username: AshDust224

Postby Ashdust » August 26th, 2013, 1:34 am

Truppers as far as I know all the top scores are the same, just a lot harder to get, I am coming up against the odd 142 or 143 on full body bind now, so it does still seem to be the best one to use.

I did try Jelly legs as it has a maximum of 140, I wondered if that one hadn't got any harder it may be better to do a good jelly legs instead of a bad full body bind, but that seems just as hard now.

My highest with the new dueling is 140 now, and this is ok to beat most people, sadly I have only got it once so far, my normal (for now) which is around 134 to 136 is good enough to win well over half of my duels at the moment.
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image

MidnightPhoenix
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: MidnightPhoenix10154

Postby MidnightPhoenix » December 28th, 2013, 3:40 pm

This dueling system is just retarded. I've been dueling for a week now and everyone use the same full body bind every time just because highscore. BOOOOORING :roll: I hope the devs will work for better dueling system. Now theres no point to use any other spells... because obviously you will lose.

Riverfirebolt
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Deputy Headmaster - VIP
Points on hand: 882.26
Pottermore Username: RiverFirebolt9905

Postby Riverfirebolt » December 28th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Have to agree with you MidnightPhoenix. Full Body Bind gets boring after a while.

We set up a Dueling Club on here a while back, it is sort of on a break over the holidays but we are going to try and get it going again in the New Year so if you want to join in and duel the rest of us with different spells you could sign up there. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Fin Malfoy
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 50.00
Pottermore Username: IceFeather18341
Location: 7 th Circle of NARGLE-INFESTED AREA. Oh hello Dante.

Postby Fin Malfoy » December 30th, 2013, 9:10 am

I'm quite amazed with how high everybody seems to score in dueling.

I can never get a score that high, is it because I'm new and need a lot of practice still or am I doing something wrong? :cry:

Image Image Image Image

~ There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us ~

MidnightPhoenix
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: MidnightPhoenix10154

Postby MidnightPhoenix » January 13th, 2014, 11:30 am

Of course training helps but I believe in this case, it does not make perfect. Big difference between browsers and computers. I switched to Chrome and it helped A LOT! However it still feels lacking and thought I feel doing it same way every time my score range can bee 130-140 :D so good luck. Just trying not to take it too serioysly. And best spell to use was Full Body-Bind.

MrSleepyHead
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 27.50
Pottermore Username: WalnutFirebolt138

Postby MrSleepyHead » January 14th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Good point, MidnightPhoenix. With my slow computer it became very difficult to be decent at dueling; the update to the system makes it almost impossible, so I rarely even try. But I've never been a huge fan of the dueling side of Pottermore, to be honest. Considering Pottermore is a companion to the books, it seems unbelievable that a way of earning house points is to do something that is against the rules in the books (dueling in the corridor)! Even if it's meant to be an accepted dueling club, I can't see why it should be the primary way of awarding house points. It is clearly adapted for the Internet, which I understand, but I feel there are just as entertaining of ways to allow users to earn points while paralleling the book a bit more closely. Add to it that the system so heavily favors monotony (Petrificus Totalus), and there is actually very little motivation for me to try to duel - sadly.

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » January 16th, 2014, 2:07 am

Icy, I doubt you are doing anything wrong, dueling does tend to improve with practice.

The new system since last Sept seems to be harder to improve at though. With the old system, you could generally tell where you were going wrong and so knew what to do for improvement, the new system though seems totally random still, I used to get 142-143 all the time with the old duels and now I find it hard to get above 130 and can no longer predict what my score is going to be.

Pretty sure they did plan other ways of getting points such as chess and quidditch as there are leaderboards for both hidden in the code on the site, but I think when they realised how much time people were going to put into it they decided against it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pottermore Archive”