choose your animagus

Talk about anything to do with Harry Potter!

Moderator: Professors

Avariel
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 80.00
Pottermore Username: OmbreIf24292

Re: choose your animagus

Postby Avariel » August 17th, 2015, 3:29 am

I'm sure you would make a beautiful eagle Little tee ^.^
and Cora a parrot is a such an interesting choice. :0 Now I picture you as a colorful person. Kind of the opposite of my animagus when I think about it :P
    ImageImage

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

McKinstry
Sixth Year Student
Sixth Year Student
Points on hand: 400,314.00
Pottermore Username: LumosSun28350

Postby McKinstry » August 17th, 2015, 3:37 am

What would be interesting is to hear what other people would pick for your animagus :shock: :D

I wish the Pottermore animagus test would go live soon. If it's even still going ahead.

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."
Henry James

JeyDeth
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 3,054.50
Pottermore Username: ChaserFirebolt25721

Postby JeyDeth » August 17th, 2015, 2:46 pm

McKinstry wrote:I wish the Pottermore animagus test would go live soon. If it's even still going ahead.

Yeah same, I'll take it right away when it does come.

Now, I don't really know what I'd be, I'd probably be one the big cats haha xD
ImageImageImageImage

DragonSorceress
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 51.00
Pottermore Username: BronzePhoenix21351

Postby DragonSorceress » September 3rd, 2015, 1:37 am

I think I would be a tiger..

Little_Tee
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 948.00
Pottermore Username: OakBludger17261
PM Points: 1362

Postby Little_Tee » September 3rd, 2015, 9:43 pm

Avariel wrote:I'm sure you would make a beautiful eagle Little tee ^.^

Thanks Avariel :) You would make a beautiful Raven. I think anyway.

McKinstry wrote:What would be interesting is to hear what other people would pick for your animagus :shock:

I actually talk to a friend of mine about that and she said she pictured me as an elephant. . . Since I had a big thing for elephants back in the day, (Babar was my life back then. No seriously.) and I have a memory of one. I haven't decided how exactly I feel about that yet, but it was interesting to see what someone else pictured you becoming.

DragonSorceress wrote:I think I would be a tiger..

That sounds great Dragon :). Tigers are wonderful creatures. I'm sure you would be an amazing one.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lindsay
VIP Member
VIP Member
Points on hand: 937.00
Pottermore Username: AccioSword24606
PM Points: 1487

Postby Lindsay » September 4th, 2015, 2:20 pm

If it's true that one's Animagus is the same as one's Patronus, then I believe I would be a Dolphin. I have lived close enough to the beach (Atlantic ocean) all my life that I swear I have salt water running through my veins and need salt air in order to breathe! 8-) The beach calms, soothes, and inspires me.

However, this seems somewhat limiting. I wouldn't be able to transform unless I was near a body of water.

I don't really have any special affinity toward any land animals. Maybe a lizard, because a high school friend of mine gave me the nickname "Linzard" (Lindsay--Linzard--I dunno, he was silly like that, lol), and then everyone started buying me lizard items as gifts.

Borkbun
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 59.00

Postby Borkbun » October 11th, 2016, 3:14 am

My patronus is a tortoisesell cat. I'd be happy with the same animagus form. I'm playful and moody in similar ways to a cat, and my whole life, boyfriends have always referred to me as 'kitty' and similar. I might decide on a different breed or fur pattern later though.

Also, a cat would go unnoticed around muggles and since people are used to seeing cats alone, I'm least likely to be approached. I considered a dog but here in the UK people would automatically approach to try and find my 'owner'.

I also really wanted to be a red panda, but that would DEFINITELY attract attention on the streets of Scotland :')

Jan
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: Jan

Postby Jan » October 12th, 2016, 6:19 am

I like to think I would be a wolf. A dark grey wolf. Loyal and social, yet at the same time independent and a loner. A curious and wary creature, not necessarily hostile, yet a hunter.

Living in a cold environment... A snowy forest surrounding me... Miles and miles of snowy forests and mountains surrounding that forest... Free to go wherever I want! I'd love to live in a place like that!

I don't know, I always felt like I had the spirit of a wolf inside me :D I love them! I'm pretty sure that would be my animagus form.

Draconis Seeker
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 34.00

Postby Draconis Seeker » October 13th, 2016, 5:31 am

It's really interesting rereading this thread after the Pottermore Patronus test is finally out. I can see why so many people were disappointed. I would have hoped that I would be able to become a animal that could fly and at the same time be able to blend into Wizard society, so an Owl would have been perfect. Or I've always been interested in sea life and I'd love to explore underwater, so maybe a dolphin.

But my Pottermore Patronus is a Red Squirrel and I'm determined to love and respect it, so if it were my animagus form... squirrels blend in very easily and would go unnoticed by both Muggles and Wizards. They are also very fast, agile, and have great instincts and peripheral vision. And Red Squirrels are particularly known for communication, it's their job to alert each other and other animals about potential dangers in the forest. So this is a great animal to observe, gather information secretly, and then communicate what they find. Like a spy or a writer (which I always wanted to be). I could work for Magical Law Enforcement or The Daily Prophet or just Write Books about the habits of Muggles. This a Squirrel animagus form I guess the possibilities are endless...

"...Nothing to be afraid of, there's courage in there somewhere, I can see it. You're quite a curious one too. Certainly a lot of knowledge bubbling within you, but you feel some things are more important and so do I. With such a caring nature, love of people, and sense of loyalty I'm sure you will find a true home in GRYFFINDOR!!! ~ The Sorting Hat

HogwartsStudent394
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 214.00
Pottermore Username: Dakota

Postby HogwartsStudent394 » October 13th, 2016, 8:42 pm

It's hard to say, I would love to be a wolf, but at the same time, my patronus was a cat, my Hogwarts house was a cat, and my Ilvermorny house was a cat... I think the wizarding world is trying to tell me something. I don't even like cats >.< Imma dog person, or so I thought

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”