Is Cornelius Fudge the greatest character of Harry Potter?

Talk about anything to do with Harry Potter!

Moderator: Professors

TheMusicdewd22
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: TheMusicdewd22

Is Cornelius Fudge the greatest character of Harry Potter?

Postby TheMusicdewd22 » November 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm

I think he is.

While I don't like him as a person, but as a fictional character, he is definitely the most interesting character in the Harry Potter universe. He started out as a light-hearted good natured Minster of Magic that cared about Harry Potter and keeping people safe in the magical world to a out of touch power hungry bully that abused his power as the Ministry of Magic and caused the death of Harry's only living family member Sirius Black and almost caused the death of Mr. Weasley!!!

I much preferred Fudge over Rufus Scrimgeour, who was more interested in just collecting Harry Potter and making him out to be the official mascot for the Minstry of Magic. While he was good and on Harry's side, he was only interested in the celebrity side of being a Minster of Magic and was always trying but into Harry and Dumbledore's business. A lot of times, he acted he didn't know what he was doing.

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,244.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Re: Is Cornelius Fudge the greatest character of Harry Potter?

Postby Dia » November 21st, 2017, 6:37 pm

I want to reply to this so bad but 1) I hadn't reread the books in forever but 2) I'm rereading them now. And right now I'm at the beginning of the Goblet of Fire. And honestly, I don't really later Fudge. What I've seen of him in 3 and 4 he was kinda a buddy buddy kinda dude. Like, I don't know. He was nice but probably incompetent and sorta knew it.
Image Image Image
“I never meant to cause you trouble. And I never meant to do you wrong.
And ah well if I ever caused you trouble. And oh no I never meant to do you harm.” ϟ Image

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”