WHICH HARRY POTTER CHARACTER IS YOUR COMPLETE OPPOSITE?

Talk about anything to do with Harry Potter!

Moderator: Professors

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 233.00

Re: WHICH HARRY POTTER CHARACTER IS YOUR COMPLETE OPPOSITE?

Postby Pamela Bode » December 11th, 2017, 4:39 am

Bren wrote:I've never thought much of Ron either its too much of a fair weather friend, he's been far to quick to turn his back on Harry.

Yeah I agree with you Bren !

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Nymphadora Brown
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 78.00
Pottermore Username: Narcissa Brown

Postby Nymphadora Brown » December 12th, 2017, 4:04 am

Sometimes, he was also jealous of Harry being popular which I despise the most amongst his negative points.
COURAGE DOES NOT ALWAYS ROAR.SOMETIMES COURAGE IS A SMALL VOICE SAYING AT THE END OF THE DAY 'I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW'.
- HUFFLEPUFF

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Pamela Bode » December 17th, 2017, 4:36 am

Nymphadora Brown wrote:Sometimes, he was also jealous of Harry being popular which I despise the most amongst his negative points.

Well I think it wasn't his fault that he misunderstood Harry. It can happen to anyone. In fact, I am getting a little used to Ron Weasley. Alright maybe he wasn't so bad after all. :? :D
Hermione 's explanation was correct. I don't if you've read it GoF Nymphadora,

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Nymphadora Brown
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 78.00
Pottermore Username: Narcissa Brown

Postby Nymphadora Brown » January 9th, 2018, 2:07 am

Yes I have recently finished GoF.
COURAGE DOES NOT ALWAYS ROAR.SOMETIMES COURAGE IS A SMALL VOICE SAYING AT THE END OF THE DAY 'I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW'.
- HUFFLEPUFF

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,805.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Postby Cora Ticum » January 12th, 2018, 7:11 pm

About the Ron discussion: I disagree with most of you. I think he is one of the most "real" characters in this whole universe, especially among the younger characters. Many of the main Hogwarts students have something really flashy and awesome about them that many people in the real world cannot truly identify with (Harry the hero, Hermione the brightest witch of her age, Ginny being really fierce, Luna being really unique, etc.), while Ron is genuinely insecure about living up to his brothers' and friends' reputations, struggling to gain any spotlight and therefore mirroring more closely what many teenagers feel. Then there is also the issue of his being the youngest son in a family with a lot of sons, and a younger sister who stole a lot of limelight for being the only girl.

I can understand really well why Ron wasn't always the supportive friend that Harry needed whenever Harry seemed fit. Harry could be a pain in the arse, especially in the later books when everything got really hard for him as Voldemort grew to power and he knew that he had to defeat him and witness many of his friends die. How understandable this may be, I can also understand how hard it was on Ron to support someone he was secretly jealous of in terms of attention and popularity. This is also a really interesting aspect about their friendship: Ron may have been jealous of everything Harry stood for, but Harry was equally jealous of Ron. Ron may not have had the fame, fortune, popularity and glory of Harry, but in many - maybe even more important - ways he had what Harry always desired: a loving family, siblings, living in a magical world, security and love. Ron eventually understood this in the end, but I think it is very believable and realistic that he didn't at first, and I really like how that journey was portrayed in the books.
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Demiguise
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 3.00

Postby Demiguise » January 22nd, 2018, 12:46 pm

You got: Sirius
Sure, Sirius is super cool. But he's also pretty reckless, a bit dramatic, and was never one to follow the rules. In these ways, you're pretty much the opposite of Sirius, even though you're still pretty cool.

Yeah, that pretty much is true.

"I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks. One can never have enough socks" - Albus Dumbledore

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Pamela Bode » January 22nd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Cora Ticum wrote: Many of the main Hogwarts students have something really flashy and awesome about them that many people in the real world cannot truly identify with (Harry the hero, Hermione the brightest witch of her age, Ginny being really fierce, Luna being really unique, etc.), while Ron is genuinely insecure about living up to his brothers' and friends' reputations, struggling to gain any spotlight and therefore mirroring more closely what many teenagers feel. Then there is also the issue of his being the youngest son in a family with a lot of sons, and a younger sister who stole a lot of limelight for being the only girl.

Yeah that's right. Ron's didn't have much of a stature, but I don't blame him for that. Being the youngest son in a family isn't exactly pretty, and poor Ron, imagine how much joy he got when he:
Became a prefect
Became the Gryffindor Keeper :quaffle:
When he really became our Weasley king :lion:
And of course, destroying Slytherin's locket :snake:

There are many others obviously, but these are the few times I remember that I did not hate Ron,and actually liked him.

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,252.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » January 24th, 2018, 10:11 pm

I've got to say I agree with you, Cora. And just a side note, I'm reading OotP right now and Harry is about to make me give up on rereading it.... the attitude ugh. If you honestly put yourself in Ron's shoes it's amazing he's not even more petulant than he is. I couldn't imagine my best friend being famous and my other best friend being smarter than like anyone my age. And then all those siblings to compete with. Poor Ron.
Image Image Image
“I never meant to cause you trouble. And I never meant to do you wrong.
And ah well if I ever caused you trouble. And oh no I never meant to do you harm.” ϟ Image

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student

Postby Pamela Bode » January 26th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Well, he [Harry] has obviously been through a lot since book one, and book five was the book when he cracked up a little.
J. K. Rowling
This is what she wrote when fans obviously complained Harry's attitude :)

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”