Why is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban widely considered the best Harry Potter book?

Welcome to the PFF Archives. The archives contain all old topics which we don't want to delete, but don't need to be where they used to be anymore either.
The Archive contains all old topics which we still want to keep around. You can't post in here, it's only for reading!

Moderator: Professors

TheMusicdewd22
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 53.00
Pottermore Username: TheMusicdewd22

Why is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban widely considered the best Harry Potter book?

Postby TheMusicdewd22 » June 27th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Question above.

I understand why the film is considered the best of Harry Potter films, but why is the book praised so much? It's not that I don't like it-I do-I was just never enthralled by it like the other books. It's not even in the Top 5 of the books for me. My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Kiger
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 60.00
Pottermore Username: kiger

Re: Why is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban widely considered the best Harry Potter book?

Postby Kiger » August 8th, 2017, 8:16 am

If you ask me I'd say because the first two were kind of innocent stories for a younger audience. PoA got very serious and "heavier". I remember reading it when I was in my second or third year of secondary school and at night I read about Sirius coming after Harry and the dementors chasing him which all felt very scary and serious. The characters got more of a background, too.
I think that's why it's considered a very good book, it changed the series. Or maybe I can relate to the story and that's why i understand it's considered the best book. Personally I liked PoA and HbP the best.

Return to “Cellar Archives”