Forum-Wide Weekly Poll #15 - Indexed

Welcome to the PFF Archives. The archives contain all old topics which we don't want to delete, but don't need to be where they used to be anymore either.
The Archive contains all old topics which we still want to keep around. You can't post in here, it's only for reading!

Moderator: Professors

What year did you join PFF?

27%
33%
13%
20%
7%

Total votes: 15

Poppy
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 9,206.00
Pottermore Username: dragonwing9

Forum-Wide Weekly Poll #15 - Indexed

Postby Poppy » April 7th, 2015, 5:11 pm

When did you join our awesome forum? Also how did you get onto it?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Hermione Leviosa
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Order of Merlin, Second Class
Points on hand: 335.00
Pottermore Username: DragonProphecy118

Re: Forum-Wide Weekly Poll #15

Postby Hermione Leviosa » April 7th, 2015, 9:15 pm

I joined October 7 2011. However, I lurked around PFF for over a month before joining. I was so excited about finding the Magical Quill and wanted to share with others that were excited about Pottermore too. So I started looking for a forum. I lurked around a few of them, but PFF appealed to me the most. :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage click stamps

MoonlitFox
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 1,033.50
Pottermore Username: BloodCat122

Postby MoonlitFox » April 7th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Oooh, excellent poll question, Poppy!

I joined PFF on January 25th, 2013.
I used to be a member on another forum called Pottermore Central and the admin(s) there decided to close down the site. So I went on google looking for other Pottermore related forums. PFF was the first site listed in the results. And PFF was the only active forum that I could find, so I became a member.
Image Image Image Image

Jeanie1914
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 716.26
Pottermore Username: PotionMoon14300

Postby Jeanie1914 » April 7th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Joined April 4th, 2015, 5:03 pm. I wanted to join in on all the fun that was happening here through by friend Tee.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

OakNight
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Order of Merlin, Third Class
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: OakNight93

Postby OakNight » April 7th, 2015, 10:25 pm

I joined while puttering around trying to be patient while waiting for access to Pottermore on 11 September 2011. I was looking for information on what day of the Magic Quill were currently being granted access, and for people to talk to about it.
Image PFF Class Professor Image
Image Image Image

SunsetRose
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 198.00
Pottermore Username: GlowMoon9551

Postby SunsetRose » April 7th, 2015, 10:32 pm

Joined November (I think?) 2014. I googled 'Pottermore forum's' or something and this was the first result. I looked around and joined within a day, I'm not one to postpone things longer than they have to be ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Heartrose
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 2,189.17
Pottermore Username: HeartRose25916

Postby Heartrose » April 8th, 2015, 4:20 am

I joined in May 2012. I joined Pottermore as soon as it opened to the public and loved it, then I got jealous as Ash found a site for Slytherins only, I looked for Gryffindor sites but couldn't find one I liked.

Then Rhynn showed up on the Slytherin site Ash was on, mentioned this place, Ash told me about it and here I am.

Thanks Rhynn by the way... :D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ashdust
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 4,018.70
Pottermore Username: AshDust224

Postby Ashdust » April 8th, 2015, 5:54 am

I joined same day as Heart. As she said Rhynn mentioned this site on another forum, I checked it out, told Heart, she joined, told me how cool it was so I joined too.

Still here more than two years after leaving the other site as I was put off by the way they treated new people on there. One of my favourite things about this site is how welcoming everyone is to new members, how you are made to feel wanted straightaway. :D
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image

Pumpkin
Head of Department
Head of Department
Points on hand: 2,826.68
Pottermore Username: VioletCitrouille5574

Postby Pumpkin » April 8th, 2015, 7:56 am

I joined in January 2012. But I don't think I became active for a few months after that.

I found PFF through a chain of events, cue flashback. :lol:

It all started with the show 50 Greatest Moments of Harry Potter, a documentary about the best parts of the first 6 movies before the next two came out and it premiered in Australia just after I finished reading the books. By then, I was obsessed with all things magical. At the end of the show a message came up by J.K. Rowling, the message that appeared on Pottermore before it was open to the public about the magical quill challenge and joining Sony etc. So I jumped onto the computer but I was heartbroken to see that Pottermore was closed. So I googled 'How do I join pottermore?' and a topic from here came up... so I clicked it and found a thread with all us 'Banquet Hall' members flooding in to ask when we could join Pottermore.

I was an absolute idiot so I thought if I could join here, I'd be able to access Pottermore. However, I was smart enough to notice how everyone's names had two words and numbers after them. So I thought, right this must be what I have to do, so I picked PumpkinPasties as my username and signed up. Logging onto Pottermore-- at least attempting to. Realising it failed, I came back here to spam about how I could join and as an annoying child you all (somehow) coped with my annoyingness and sass.

And that's how I joined PFF. :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Skyye of Ember
Unspeakable
Unspeakable
Points on hand: 5,722.50
Pottermore Username: FlightDragon1354
Location: Hateshinaku Tooi Sora Ni~ In the endlessly far sky...

Postby Skyye of Ember » April 8th, 2015, 8:40 am

Interesting backstories guys. :D

I joined May 17th 2012 same month as Heart. And I must say I wasn't the social/interacting type back then since I remember posting frequently at the games section of both the CR. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I came across PFF after the beta testing of Pottermore. I was reeling from my poor performance at my first University so to escape and forget I came to Pottermore and from there someone had mentioned the site in our Slythy CR. I don't remember who but because of that person I went here. I've lingered because among all the forums I've joined I found PFF the friendliest. :D

So yeah I thank PFF and all it's members, old and new, for being warm and welcoming to me and to everyone here. ^_^
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Cellar Archives”