Horcrux Hunt! - Indexed

The Ministry archives, where all the old announcements, competition and event stuff are kept.

Moderator: Professors

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Horcrux Hunt! - Indexed

Postby Rhynn » August 9th, 2013, 8:44 am

Horcrux Hunt

Confused, you look at the note. What is going on? Was this really intended for you? You turn it over; on the back of the paper is, clearly, your full name, no mistaking it. And it does really seem like the Headmaster's handwriting...
You gather up your books and leave the library in a rush, followed by an angry look from Madam Pince (how dare you move at such a speed in the library!). You don't pay her any attention though - you have more important matters on your mind. You make your way to your common room, ignoring any friends trying to get your attention. They can wait. If this note is real, it sounds like you'd have a brilliant story to tell them when you get back.
As soon as you reach your dormitory, you drop your book bag on your bed and pull your winter cloak, woollen hat, house scarf and fingerless gloves from your trunk and put them on. You snatch up your dragonhide gloves and put them in your inner cloak pocket. You're already halfway to the exit of your common room when you realise you've left your wand in your bag, so you retrieve it and go on your way to the Headmaster's office. On your way there you get quite a few weird looks because of your getup - most people wouldn't say it's cold enough for the clothes you're wearing - but once again, you ignore everyone and just proceed towards your goal.

Finally, you reach the statue of the Phoenix. Only then do you realise you don't know the password. "Eh... hello?" you try, and the statue opens an eye to look at you.
"Name?" it asks.
Adrenaline surging through your body, you give your name. It immediately gives the faintest of nods, and turns around, revealing a spiral staircase. Shaking from head to toe you step on it and let it take you up to the Headmaster's study.
When you enter, you see Rhynn standing at the window, stroking the head of her screech owl. She hears you enter and turns around.
"Good, you came. Sit down, please."
You do as you're told and look up at her expectantly.
"We've never told you this before, because we wanted you to have as normal a time at school as possible. Now I realise I should maybe have told you sooner, because honestly I don't quite know where to start..." You're now incredibly confused. What in Merlin's name is she talking about?
"A few months before you were born, a prophecy was made. It foretold the birth of a child on exactly your day of birth, which would be instrumental in ridding the world of evil. You do not know this, but you have a special power which allows you to feel Horcruxes.
Now, as you know, dark wizards are out there trying to take over. With my secret network, I have found out that their leader has created horcruxes. Seven of them, to be exact. I also know that at least one of them is currently inside this school. I have been able to determine roughly where, but I need your help to find it."
You feel this is a lot to take in at once. All of a sudden you're somehow special, part of a prophecy, and instrumental in defeating evil? It sounds like a rather far-fetched story. But you really don't feel like going back and doing your homework right now, so you decide to just go with it. She is the Headmaster, after all. Even if this is a prank, it's bound to be a great one.
"Will you help me? I might be able to eventually do it on my own, but it would be so much quicker with you!"
She looks at you for an answer. Slowly, you nod. "I'll help," you reply.
It seems as if a huge weight is lifted off Rhynn's shoulders. "Thank you. Well then... follow me, please."
You get up and follow her. She leads you out of her office and up several flights of stairs, to a part of the school you've never been to. After several more staircases and two secret passageways you never even knew the existence of, the two of you are at a very narrow door in a far corner of the castle. The Headmaster opens it and steps inside, holding the door open for you. For a moment you're blinded by the bright red, green, blue and yellow lights coming from four stained glass windows. After letting your eyes adjust for a moment, you see that you're in a very small, circular room, obviously in one of the smaller towers of the castle. The stained glass windows depict each of the four founders with their house animal. They're absolutely beautiful and instantly feel calm.
Headmaster Rhynn steps forward, and looks up at the founder of your house.
"It is time," she speaks. "Follow me and please stay very close behind me. This is where it gets dangerous." She then enters a small opening which appeared in the wall. Logic tells you it should lead outside, but you can see a long, narrow hallway stretch in front of you. You take a deep breath, light your wand with a quick Lumos, and follow after Rhynn.

Please click your house's crest to proceed
:gryffindor: * :hufflepuff: * :ravenclaw: * :slytherin:
ImageImageImage

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: ShadowShield1374

Re: Horcrux Hunt!

Postby ShadowLarsie » August 9th, 2013, 9:05 am

Hm... I'll check this out later (tomorrow) ;) But it looks awesome!

Update

Ah! I just can't wait! xD My curiosity took over ;) Read it, now to press on my house... Ooh ^^

Update 2

And I have to start over again xD

Update 3

And again xD

Update 4

Yes got it!! Godric approves ;)

Update 5

And here we go again xD And ooh, the wrong-choice page was originally by me! :D I feel honoured ;) xD

Update 6

Oh lucky me, at least I don't have to start all over again! xD [2]

Update 7

Got it xD

Update 8

And here we go again xD

Update 9

Yay! ^^ Got it! xD
What am I supposed to do now?? ... xD
Rhynn? I need to find you! xD xD
-Larsie1 :gryffindor: :hogwarts: ------ :lion: ------ :snitch: :snitch: :snitch: ------ :lion: ------ :hogwarts: :gryffindor:
Reading, Writing, Gaming, Pottering = LARSIE!
Image Image Image Image

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 602.47
Pottermore Username: CharmCastle16609

Postby KCMarauder » August 9th, 2013, 11:48 am

Hmm I got through it all on the first go...but now I have to find Rhynn and I'm confuzzled
Image Image Image

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP

Postby Rhynn » August 9th, 2013, 11:52 am

Trust me, you're not at the end yet ;)

Here's a hint for those who want one:
Spoiler: show
Find me at the place that connects us all
ImageImageImage

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby ShadowLarsie » August 9th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Thanks!! Well, now I have something xD
-Larsie1 :gryffindor: :hogwarts: ------ :lion: ------ :snitch: :snitch: :snitch: ------ :lion: ------ :hogwarts: :gryffindor:
Image Image Image Image

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock

Postby KCMarauder » August 9th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I've got several ideas as to what that means but I still cant find you >.<
Image Image Image

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP

Postby Rhynn » August 9th, 2013, 12:04 pm

A second hint, then:

Spoiler: show
You have to find me at the place that's the reason we're all here.
ImageImageImage

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby ShadowLarsie » August 9th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Ah ^^ Of course!
Image Image Image Image

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock

Postby KCMarauder » August 9th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Ah I knew it, I just had to look harder :)
Image Image Image

ShadowLarsie
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student

Postby ShadowLarsie » August 9th, 2013, 12:20 pm

KC, could you help me a bit please? Just a little hint? Rhynn said that was allowed :P
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Ministry Archives”