Pokemon games! - Indexed

Welcome to the PFF Archives. The archives contain all old topics which we don't want to delete, but don't need to be where they used to be anymore either.
The Archive contains all old topics which we still want to keep around. You can't post in here, it's only for reading!

Moderator: Professors

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 602.47
Pottermore Username: CharmCastle16609

Pokemon games! - Indexed

Postby KCMarauder » November 30th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Me and Rhynn were just discussing the awesome Pokemon games for the Nintendo hand held consoles and we realised there is no thread for these games! madness!
Here you can talk about anything to do with any of the pokemon games :)

I myself have been into these games since the tender age of 7, when I opened my main christmas present on Christmas morning to discover a spanking new GameBoy Color (in turquiose) and one game to go with it...Pokemon yellow ^_^

I also have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald (my fave <3) Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black.

Here is a picture of my GameBoy SP console and some of my Pokemon games
Spoiler: show

And a close up of my original yellow game :)
Spoiler: show

So what is your favourite game? pokemon? type? moves?
Image Image Image

Danul
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Points on hand: 0.00
Pottermore Username: LumosCloak6451

Re: Pokemon games!

Postby Danul » November 30th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Every so often I've checked to see if I've just over looked such a thread. Talk of Pokemon is normally as common as Rattatas!

It took me a while to get in to it, it always does. When I did everyone was at that point of thinking it was childish. But whose laughing now they're all re interested in it, and don't have their old games? >><<

For the main series I have red, yellow, silver, Emerald, Heartgold, White and Black 2. Since we changed internet providers I can't connect my DS. I miss being able to do that. :[

Has anyone ever played the gameboy colour version of the Pokemon Trading Card Game? It's a seriously underrated part of the gaming franchise. If you have a console that'll play gameboy colour games I suggest trying to find a copy.

Rhynn
Honorary Member - VIP
Honorary Member - VIP
Points on hand: 2,956.00
Pottermore Username: SeerHawthorn125

Postby Rhynn » November 30th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I had Pokemon Red on my old grey brick/gameboy :D The internal battery died though, I think... or my game got corrupted from over-using MissingNo xD

After that I kind of never had money to buy another pokemon game. I did buy LeafGreen from a dutch e-bay like site but it didn't work (only paid a few euro's for it so I didn't really expect it to, haha).

Then I went to my parents in Belgium and we went to the game store there, where HeartGold was on sale. So I got it. When I got home...

it was in French.

Oops xD Well, it's a good way of improving my french. The names are sometimes absolutely hilarious though. Psyduck isn't named Psyduck, or Psycanard... no. It's Psychokwak.

Long, long ago I did also play the actual trading card game, with the physical cards. And my brother had the TCG gameboy colour game - which I often stole and played ;D

Oh! I also have Mystery Dungeon Explorers of... Time, I think. One of those. It's pretty fun, you get to be a Pokemon haha.

I want to get Black or White, but there are so many things I need to buy first...

And I need new batteries for my Pokéwalker.
ImageImageImage

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock

Postby KCMarauder » November 30th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Omg we used to have all the proper trading cards when I was young too and we always used to do battles with them and win cards xD I had a MASSVE stack of them lol some really rare ones too

I never played the console version though!
Image Image Image

Rumbleroar
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: SrebrnaJeka22

Postby Rumbleroar » December 1st, 2012, 1:59 am

Love Pokemon. To bits. Haha, it's still quite fashionable over here actually (at least among people my age). Nowhere near as "niche" as HP.
I bought Black a little while ago. It was good, if a little too easy (those old games could be HARD). And some of the new Pokemon designs... O_O No matter what anyone says, Trubbish is NOT a Pokemon. An unfortunate accident, maybe. I'll get Black2 if they ever decide to drop prices xD
Ah, MissingNo... Well played Rhynn. I have a Red/Blue emulator on my one-step-up-from-a-brick phone. Makes me want to try it again.
I loved the TCG to death when I was around 10. Haven't looked at it for a while actually, but the new cards look WAAAAY to powerful... O.o

Danul
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Pottermore Username: LumosCloak6451

Postby Danul » December 1st, 2012, 5:43 am

Psychokwak sounds amazing. =o

The Explorer games are rather fun. Playing as an actual Pokemon is a nice change.The Ranger games are as well. I think they have a much more limited scope though. With the main series once you finish the actual plot you can still spend forever playing the game.

Some of the new Pokemon designs are really good though. An underrated bunch in general. Lapras is still the best though. :3

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock

Postby KCMarauder » December 1st, 2012, 5:45 am

I always hate when you start a game from scratch and you cant run, you have no bike, no flying, no surf...anything! It's like omg this is taking forever to get around :lol: and you press the walk button harder like thats gonna make a difference xD
Image Image Image

Rumbleroar
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 1.00
Pottermore Username: SrebrnaJeka22

Postby Rumbleroar » December 1st, 2012, 7:21 am

It's the worst :p I always mash "B" anyway... It's like, why can't I darn well run?!
I agree that some of the new designs are really good. But others just look as though they were the result of ten minutes worth of brainstorming followed by a couple of quick sketches... Lapras loses to Shaymin :3 and Charizard of course. But yeah. Too cool for pool.
There seems to be so much to do after beating the game these days... On the one hand it's cool, but it does rather detract from the point of the game - the league's meant to be the ultimate challenge isn't it?
Mystery Dungeon's carried by its passable plot, really. I'll try Ranger one day.

EchoCat39
First Year Student
First Year Student
Pottermore Username: MoonLight12642

Postby EchoCat39 » December 2nd, 2012, 5:24 pm

OOHH!!!

My favourite game has to be Sapphire. It was the first one I got and omg. I just love it and I still do. Favourite pokemon still have to be Kyogre. Aww it was just amaze.
I have Pearl and White but I still don't love them as much as Sapphire. The secret bases were the bomb. I think like when you get your first game you always remember that one like the best. I know the Hoenn region like the back of my hand but I couldn't say that for any of the others.

KCMarauder
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock

Postby KCMarauder » December 2nd, 2012, 5:26 pm

Omg love love love the secret bases! yup Emerald is my fave, which is basically Sapphire and Ruby combined :D
Emerald was my second game but it was such an improvement over yellow, its still my favourite :)
Image Image Image

Return to “Cellar Archives”