Yes, the signs have been around the forum for a while, but we’re finally rolling it out!
From today on, you can get access to the Premium VIP Lounge! A subscription is $5 (US Dollars) a month. But if you buy for a whole year, you get a $10 discount, so the package only costs $50!
The money will all be used to pay for the server that runs the forum and to improve the forum. It’s become quite expensive, and by buying a VIP package, you help keep PFF up and running!
Of course you do get something for it in return. A little overview of what VIP members get:
- 20 PFF points for a new topic in the VIP area, instead of the 10 in other parts of the forum
- 10 PFF points for a new post in the VIP area, instead of the 5 in other parts of the forum
- The ability to change your own username in your User Control Panel, instead of having to ask a Head Moderator or Headmaster
- No flood limit – for normal members this is 30 seconds
- 500 PFF points at the start of each month
- First access to PFF news (no more than a day early, though)
- First access to the new Quibbler (again no more than a day early, though)
- VIP-only forum games – with post count!
- VIP-only competitions
- A Full Guide to Pottermore, but then in videos
- A Special VIP Special Quibbler in the middle of each month
- Coming soon: special areas for VIPs on the Daily Prophet and the front page
And of course what the VIPs themselves suggest! We’re always open to feedback and our VIPs will be a big part of keeping the forum up and running, as ads only support us a tiny bit.
VIP access can be bought through paypal and credit card, or by sending the money to ProfessorHagrid through snail mail – contact him for more information on this. We are currently looking into the possibility of other payment methods as we realize not everyone has paypal or a credit card.
A video explanation of how to sign up for the VIP area has already been posted here in the Daily Prophet, but I might as well include it here again, right?
If there are any questions, please ask them in the comments, on the forum, through PM, or through e-mail!